- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (14-ounce) package vanilla wafers
- Coffee frosting:
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Chocolate ganache:
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined. Slowly add flour mixture one-fourth at a time, alternating with milk until smooth.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut cakes into 3 even pieces and set aside.
- For the frosting: Heat heavy cream in the microwave until hot, about 20 seconds. Add instant coffee and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, cream butter and vanilla together. Add powdered sugar and coffee mixture, and beat until smooth.
- Position the first layer of cake and top with a thin layer of frosting. Add a layer of vanilla wafers, followed by another layer of frosting. Repeat until you have 3 layers of cake. Add a thick layer of frosting over the entire cake and chill for 20 minutes.
- For the ganache: Add chocolate to a medium-sized bowl. Heat heavy cream in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Slowly stir chocolate until fully melted and combined. Add coconut oil and stir until smooth and shiny.
- Pour ganache over the chilled cake, and use a spatula to spread it over the top and sides of the cake. Garnish, chill 30 minutes and serve.