Innovative Canadian company, Club Coffee, teamed up with the world-class experts of Bioproducts Discovery and Development Centre (BDDC) at Canada's University of Guelph to create PῧrPod100™.
"Club Coffee is the first manufacturer to earn BPI certification for single-serve pods," says Rhodes Yepsen, Executive Director of BPI.org. "Diverting products associated with food residuals away from disposal is complicated, and BPI certification is a critical piece of the process, ensuring that items will break down in a timely manner in the appropriate composting environment, and not have a negative impact on the quality of the finished compost.""
The 100% compostable pod is the #rightsolution
- Can break down in as little as 5 weeks in well-managed municipal composting processes – Like most food waste
- Uses the chaff – or the thin skin of the coffee bean – naturally left over from the coffee roasting process in its distinctive brown ring
- The result of innovative collaboration between university researchers and coffee experts
- Successfully tested in American and Canadian composting facilities
- Supported by the United States Composting Council and the Compost Council of Canada
Watch this video to see how PῧrPod100™ is made & how it's compostable!